WEND STANDING COMMITTEES
Membership Concerns & Community Relations
- Develop and implement activities that stimulate and retain resident involvement.
- Conduct membership drives.
- Develop and distribute new member packets/information.
- Provide new member information to Recording Secretary for inclusion in WEND member database.
- Establish relationships with other communities on behalf of WEND.
- Plan and execute all WEND events throughout the year.
- Work with Public Relations & Marketing committee on event promotion.
- Promote member engagement through events and sponsorship activations.
Public Relations & Marketing
- Publish WEND newsletter.
- Maintain the organization website and hosting.
- Draft and submit press releases, as needed, to promote the interests of WEND.
- Establish and nurture relationships with local media outlets.
- Develop and deploy public relations and marketing strategies.
- Maintain information on neighborhood development and related subjects.
- Maintain official WEND social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
Preservation & Urban Design
- Inform and educate residents, businesses, property owners, and others of the architectural and design
heritage of the neighborhood.
- Disseminate the Atlanta Zoning Ordinance, Section 16, Chapter 20G, West End HistoricDistrict
regulations and the Residential Design Guidelines of the West End Historic District.
- Review Certificate of Appropriateness (CoA) applications submitted to the Atlanta Urban Design
Commission (AUDC) for conformance with West End Historic District regulations and prepare
official WEND comments and/or position regarding CoA applications.
- Represents official position of WEND at City of Atlanta meetings (AUDC, NPU, Office of Design, etc.).
- Influence enforcement of Atlanta Zoning Ordinance, Section 16, Chapter 20G West End Historic
- Maintain positive working relationship with local and municipal agencies to promote active
monitoring and enforcement of ongoing construction activity.
- Work with the WEND Zoning Committee, when appropriate, on issues impacting neighborhood
preservation and design
Zoning, Land Use & Code Enforcement
- Maintain current information on zoning laws in West End and inform the organization of all zoning
violations and petitions for variances and changes.
- Influence the enforcement of the zoning laws and design standards of the West End Historic District.
- Maintain positive working relationship with zoning and planning authorities, to include the below
and other such authorities and applicants:
- Zoning Review Board (ZRB)
- Bureau of Buildings
- Board of Zoning Adjustments (BZA)
- License Review Board (LRB)
- Represents the will of the committee and/or general body at official meetings (NPU, Office of Zoning
Beautification & Environmental Health
- Conduct activities that maximize the aesthetic elements and minimize health hazards to residents of
the West End.
- Organize and execute clean-up campaigns.
- Collaborate with appropriate city & state officials and inform them of needed actions.
- Ensure all streets within the Historic District have “Historic West End” street toppers.
- Work to promote quality education in local elementary and secondary schools.
- Collaborate with local education and cultural institutions.
- Participates in parent-teacher associations and meets regularly with local education officials.
- Engages West End community to support local education initiatives.
- Partner with local law enforcement agencies to plan and implement activities that promote public
safety in the West End.
- Receive monthly crime reports from Zone 4 and attend APD Zone 4 quarterly meetings.
- Attend monthly NPU meetings, as needed.
- Work with approved local Neighborhood Watch organization(s).
- Performs quarterly review of Treasurer’s reports and presents to General Body. (See table below)